Light Year "Bliss (LY's Channel 6 Dub)"
For the b-side of its recent single for This is Music, Australia's Light Year elected to rework its own lead track into a more straightforward dub version. While the original "Bliss" takes on the form of a bass-infused house tune, the so-called "Channel 6 Dub" dives even further into the song's house and disco roots. To its credit, Light Year stays rather true to the dub format, working with a driving bass loop whilst scattering chopped pieces of "Bliss" around the dancefloor-focused core.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player