Beacon "Bring You Back (Kuhrye-oo Remix)"
Later this month, Brooklyn duo Beacon (pictured above) will release its debut album, The Ways We Seperate, a record for which the original "Bring You Back" serves as its lead track. With the LP's official release a few weeks away via Ghostly, Beacon has shared a rework of the tune by Canadian producer and UNO label affiliate Kuhrye-oo, who injects the icy electronic-pop song with drum & bass-style breaks and infrequent glimpses of crashing, metallic soundscapes. Still, Kuhrye-oo keeps the withheld mood of the original production mostly intact, electing to leave plenty of open spaces for a remix that is sparse but certainly never lacking substance.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player