Chrome Canyon "Chasing the Dead (Mike Simonetti Remix)"
Italians Do It Better head honcho Mike Simonetti proudly goes big when he's on his remix game, and his recut of "Chasing the Dead" by Brooklyn-based synth revivalist Chrome Canyon is no exception to the unwritten rule. Essentially two tunes in one, Simonetti opens his cut in widescreen, with a lush orchestral intro that slowly expands outward for two minutes before it suddenly transforms into a slow-burning jam. Simonetti's production is the penultimate track on the forthcoming Elemental Remixes, which also features reworks from Matthewdavid (download that here, Peaking Lights, Tomas Barfod, and more. The record is already available digitally, but will see a vinyl release on May 21.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player