Chrome Canyon "Chasing the Dead (Mike Simonetti Remix)"
Italians Do It Better head honcho Mike Simonetti proudly goes big when he's on his remix game, and his recut of "Chasing the Dead" by Brooklyn-based synth revivalist Chrome Canyon is no exception to the unwritten rule. Essentially two tunes in one, Simonetti opens his cut in widescreen, with a lush orchestral intro that slowly expands outward for two minutes before it suddenly transforms into a slow-burning jam. Simonetti's production is the penultimate track on the forthcoming Elemental Remixes, which also features reworks from Matthewdavid (download that here, Peaking Lights, Tomas Barfod, and more. The record is already available digitally, but will see a vinyl release on May 21.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player