Die Von Brau "Iris"
- Words: Brad Stabler
It's a common thing for a muse to inspire an artist's body of work, and London transplant Die Von Brau has been very open about the impetus of his latest offering. According to the producer, the Iris EP was spurred by "someone who truly inspires me every single day of my life," and it makes sense. On the whole, the record is a very private and blissful project. Its opening title track is sparse with its synthwork; only a few riffs break through the ambient setting while some claps and bass rumbles give "Iris" a slow punch. The sound would be right at home alongside a playlist of Tri Angle producers like Holy Other or oOoOO, not unlike the rest of Iris, which is streaming over at Von Brau's SoundCloud.
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player