Die Von Brau "Iris"
- Words: Brad Stabler
It's a common thing for a muse to inspire an artist's body of work, and London transplant Die Von Brau has been very open about the impetus of his latest offering. According to the producer, the Iris EP was spurred by "someone who truly inspires me every single day of my life," and it makes sense. On the whole, the record is a very private and blissful project. Its opening title track is sparse with its synthwork; only a few riffs break through the ambient setting while some claps and bass rumbles give "Iris" a slow punch. The sound would be right at home alongside a playlist of Tri Angle producers like Holy Other or oOoOO, not unlike the rest of Iris, which is streaming over at Von Brau's SoundCloud.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsThe Knife Splits, Announces Final Tour Dates
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- NewsHear the Lead Track from Midland's Upcoming EP for Aus
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player