Cassius Select "Jamo (Kane Ikin Remix)"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
Sydney's Lavurn Lee (pictured above) recently inaugurated his new moniker, Cassius Select, with an EP for fledgling Australian outpost Hunter Gatherer. While Lee has started to build a name for himself based on the abstract R&B he produces under the Guerre alias, One finds him exploring more house-slanted momentums. For instance: EP opener "Jamo" threads watery keys and a muffled stomp through layers of ambient noise. Those shifting breaths of sound are amplified on Kane Ikin's rework of the tune; he creates a fog of highly distorted vocal samples and pulsing breaths of white noise. Ikin's version wasn't released as a part of Cassius Select's EP, but he is currently working on future productions for fellow Australian label This Thing.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player