Raumskaya "Keep Out"
Self-proclaimed "juke boy" and St. Petersburg-bred DJ/producer Raumskaya doesn't keep his tracks tethered to any one idea for too long. Unlike most jukesmiths, who often keep their tunes fast and to the point, Raumskaya's productions are more in line with his Russian counterparts such as Pixelord (who also happens to help head the Hyperboloid label), infusing tracks with dub and off-kilter house influences filtered through a juke trapdoor. "Keep Out," taken from Raumskaya's forthcoming Snapshot EP, makes quick work of skittering synths and machine gun-fired hi-hats that quiver low in the mix. Eventually the synths go from stabs to chords and a rolling bassline begins to joyride underneath the affiar. The Snapshot EP is due out soon via Hyperboloid, and will feature four original Raumskaya tunes along with a trio of remixes from Pixelord, Koloah, and Gillepsy.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player