Power "Longer Days, Darker Nights"
- Words: Brad Stabler
Cork-based beatsmith Chris Power can't be faulted for having an abundance of energy: The producer, who simply goes by Power and comprises half of Manmaid, is a spritely 19 years old, and still seems to be experimenting with his sound on each new track. Featured here, "Longer Days, Darker Nights" might be something Power should explore further. It's a very energetic cut driven by sparse, hiccuping percussion and an infectious synth that helps set the tone for the rest of the production. As it continues on, "Longer Days, Darker Nights" is joined by minor-key bells, clipped vocals, and washes of ambient synths that swell inside of the major-key progression, all of which keep Power's music fresh and somewhat unpredictable.
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- PodcastFrankie Knuckles
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Robert Hood, Tycho, Jacques Greene, and More
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player