The Range "PS3 (Obey City Remix)"
Last summer, Rhode Island producer The Range (a.k.a. James Hinton) sent us "Nothing Left," a haunting track from his first EP for Donky Pitch, Disk, which will soon be followed by the Seneca EP. Our first taste of that release, "PS 3," hit the internet late last month, and found Hinton exploring faster tempos and more manic energy than before. Brooklyn resident, LuckyMe signee, and fellow Astro Nautico crew member Obey City (a.k.a. Sam Obey) allows the calmer elements of "PS 3" to stand out on his remix. Obey's version pushes introspective melodies and waves of bass which ebb and flow in a haze of clean synth pads. The touching "PS 3 (Obey City Remix)" will join the rest of The Range's Seneca EP—along with three original tracks and more remixes from Howse and Supreme Cuts—when it drops on April 22. Before then, a preview of all six of the record's tunes can be found after the jump.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player