The Range "PS3 (Obey City Remix)"
Last summer, Rhode Island producer The Range (a.k.a. James Hinton) sent us "Nothing Left," a haunting track from his first EP for Donky Pitch, Disk, which will soon be followed by the Seneca EP. Our first taste of that release, "PS 3," hit the internet late last month, and found Hinton exploring faster tempos and more manic energy than before. Brooklyn resident, LuckyMe signee, and fellow Astro Nautico crew member Obey City (a.k.a. Sam Obey) allows the calmer elements of "PS 3" to stand out on his remix. Obey's version pushes introspective melodies and waves of bass which ebb and flow in a haze of clean synth pads. The touching "PS 3 (Obey City Remix)" will join the rest of The Range's Seneca EP—along with three original tracks and more remixes from Howse and Supreme Cuts—when it drops on April 22. Before then, a preview of all six of the record's tunes can be found after the jump.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsSpectral Sound Announces New EP from Patricia; Hear a Track Now
- MP3Liar "Key Party (Spurz 'Key Bump' Edit)"
- MP3HolloH "Laying Awake"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player