The Range "PS3 (Obey City Remix)"
Last summer, Rhode Island producer The Range (a.k.a. James Hinton) sent us "Nothing Left," a haunting track from his first EP for Donky Pitch, Disk, which will soon be followed by the Seneca EP. Our first taste of that release, "PS 3," hit the internet late last month, and found Hinton exploring faster tempos and more manic energy than before. Brooklyn resident, LuckyMe signee, and fellow Astro Nautico crew member Obey City (a.k.a. Sam Obey) allows the calmer elements of "PS 3" to stand out on his remix. Obey's version pushes introspective melodies and waves of bass which ebb and flow in a haze of clean synth pads. The touching "PS 3 (Obey City Remix)" will join the rest of The Range's Seneca EP—along with three original tracks and more remixes from Howse and Supreme Cuts—when it drops on April 22. Before then, a preview of all six of the record's tunes can be found after the jump.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsSBTRKT Announces 'Transitions' 12" Series; Stream All Six Tracks Now
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- GearAllen & Heath Introduces Xone:23C DJ Mixer
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player