DATALOG "Sumingashi II"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
The cool chords and easy flow that opens "Sumingashi II" is a bit deceiving; one expects some Balearic percussion or sun-kissed melodies to join the breezy procession at any moment, but they never come. Instead, Conor Heffernan (a.k.a. DATALOG) piles refracted samples and tasteful bits of abstract electronics on top of his alluring backdrop, sneaking in just enough leftfield sensibility to keep the production interesting without losing the bounce underneath. "Sumingashi II" is the first cut to surface from DATALOG's forthcoming HAARP EP, which Heffernan will self-release on May 28. Before then, he's offered up a brief preview of the rest of EP, which can be heard via the player included after the jump.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player