Sizlak "The Way I Feel"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
The latest effort to come from the steadily growing, Urulu-helmed Amadeus imprint is the Bresiln & Sizlak EP (artwork above), a split effort between Nottingham residents Joe Breslin and Sizlak. To spread word of the record's release today, the latter producer has offered up a bonus cut, the slippery "The Way I Feel," which begins as a simple piece of skipping garage before moving into more low end-focused territory. Armed with rising bass notes, a host of FX, and a good sense for structure, Sizlak's one-off freebie makes for an impressive six minutes of audio while serving as an effective nod to his new EP (preview after the jump), where another Sizlak solo effort can be found alongside Breslin's own solo cut, a collaboration between the two, and a remix by the hands of fellow Nottingham producer Animist.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player