T-Polar "Welcome to the Holocene"
While Belfast producer T-Polar gears up to drop his new Electric Blue EP via London-based label Reverse, he has sent over "Welcome to the Holocene," a cut from the forthcoming release. Without going into any concepts about The Holocene itself, the music on this track is full ideas, from its polyrhythmic core to the blooming of its many elements (i.e. an array of airy synths, dusty vocals, slow builds, and a puzzling bassline). T-Polar's Electric Blue EP follows his recently released Feetwork EP, and will be available on April 29.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player