Rachael Boyd "You Need to Stop Looking (Sun Glitters Remix)"
It's hard to pigeonhole Rachael Boyd's sound, as she hits an off-kilter sweet spot between orchestral composition and hard, snare-driven beats that are devoted to details. That description may raise a few eyebrows, but, surprisingly enough, her concoctions manage to hold together. They are also a natural fit for Luxembourg-based producer Sun Glitters (a.k.a. Victor Ferreira, pictured above), who lends his lush, low-end heavy sounds to Boyds' forthcoming tune "You Need to Stop Looking." His take is heavy on left turns: "You Need to Stop Looking (Sun Glitters Remix)" pushes an off-balance beat, Boyd's voice on loop, and symphonic swells before shifting gears in the track's closing half to make way for an understatedly beautiful acoustic outro. Sun Glitters' remix will be featured on Rachael Boyd's forthcoming Too High EP, which will also feature remixes from Kelpe and other when it drops in May via Abandon Building.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player