Rachael Boyd "You Need to Stop Looking (Sun Glitters Remix)"
It's hard to pigeonhole Rachael Boyd's sound, as she hits an off-kilter sweet spot between orchestral composition and hard, snare-driven beats that are devoted to details. That description may raise a few eyebrows, but, surprisingly enough, her concoctions manage to hold together. They are also a natural fit for Luxembourg-based producer Sun Glitters (a.k.a. Victor Ferreira, pictured above), who lends his lush, low-end heavy sounds to Boyds' forthcoming tune "You Need to Stop Looking." His take is heavy on left turns: "You Need to Stop Looking (Sun Glitters Remix)" pushes an off-balance beat, Boyd's voice on loop, and symphonic swells before shifting gears in the track's closing half to make way for an understatedly beautiful acoustic outro. Sun Glitters' remix will be featured on Rachael Boyd's forthcoming Too High EP, which will also feature remixes from Kelpe and other when it drops in May via Abandon Building.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player