Rachael Boyd "You Need to Stop Looking (Sun Glitters Remix)"
It's hard to pigeonhole Rachael Boyd's sound, as she hits an off-kilter sweet spot between orchestral composition and hard, snare-driven beats that are devoted to details. That description may raise a few eyebrows, but, surprisingly enough, her concoctions manage to hold together. They are also a natural fit for Luxembourg-based producer Sun Glitters (a.k.a. Victor Ferreira, pictured above), who lends his lush, low-end heavy sounds to Boyds' forthcoming tune "You Need to Stop Looking." His take is heavy on left turns: "You Need to Stop Looking (Sun Glitters Remix)" pushes an off-balance beat, Boyd's voice on loop, and symphonic swells before shifting gears in the track's closing half to make way for an understatedly beautiful acoustic outro. Sun Glitters' remix will be featured on Rachael Boyd's forthcoming Too High EP, which will also feature remixes from Kelpe and other when it drops in May via Abandon Building.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player