Rachael Boyd "You Need to Stop Looking (Sun Glitters Remix)"
It's hard to pigeonhole Rachael Boyd's sound, as she hits an off-kilter sweet spot between orchestral composition and hard, snare-driven beats that are devoted to details. That description may raise a few eyebrows, but, surprisingly enough, her concoctions manage to hold together. They are also a natural fit for Luxembourg-based producer Sun Glitters (a.k.a. Victor Ferreira, pictured above), who lends his lush, low-end heavy sounds to Boyds' forthcoming tune "You Need to Stop Looking." His take is heavy on left turns: "You Need to Stop Looking (Sun Glitters Remix)" pushes an off-balance beat, Boyd's voice on loop, and symphonic swells before shifting gears in the track's closing half to make way for an understatedly beautiful acoustic outro. Sun Glitters' remix will be featured on Rachael Boyd's forthcoming Too High EP, which will also feature remixes from Kelpe and other when it drops in May via Abandon Building.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player