Chrissy Murderbot "Alright (Calculon & Austin Speed Remix)"
On June 6, Pixelord's Russian outpost Hyperboloid will unleash the latest record from juke-obsessed partystarter Chrissy Murderbot (a.k.a. Chris Shively). The All Right EP, which comes on the heels of his latest album, Greatest Hits ★★★★★, finds the Chicago native returning to his love of footwork and jungle structures, not the least of which is the bass-heavy "Alright." A wailing R&B vocal soars over Shively's taut kicks and trickling percussion, but the remix by San Diego producers Austin Speed and Calculon transforms the track into an even harder rave tune. On the pair's rework, vocal samples rattle between the shuffle of hectic drum breaks, but the skittering beat soon gives way to a driving, 4/4 kick pattern and an all-out hands-in-the-hair synth melody.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
XLR8R Downloads Player