Chrissy Murderbot "Alright (Calculon & Austin Speed Remix)"
On June 6, Pixelord's Russian outpost Hyperboloid will unleash the latest record from juke-obsessed partystarter Chrissy Murderbot (a.k.a. Chris Shively). The All Right EP, which comes on the heels of his latest album, Greatest Hits ★★★★★, finds the Chicago native returning to his love of footwork and jungle structures, not the least of which is the bass-heavy "Alright." A wailing R&B vocal soars over Shively's taut kicks and trickling percussion, but the remix by San Diego producers Austin Speed and Calculon transforms the track into an even harder rave tune. On the pair's rework, vocal samples rattle between the shuffle of hectic drum breaks, but the skittering beat soon gives way to a driving, 4/4 kick pattern and an all-out hands-in-the-hair synth melody.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player