Tythe "Careless Woman (Lapalux Remix)"
Although "Careless Woman" is the first official single from London producer Tythe (pictured above), he's already landed the seal of approval from fellow UK artists Lapalux and Throwing Snow, who each issued their own remixes of the track. Featured here, Lapalux's version opens in a fog of ambient noise and humming pads. In keeping with his distinct style, the Brainfeeder affiliate's stoney haze eventually coalesces around a deconstructed hip-hop beat decorated with glittering keys. Tythe has offered up the rework to whet our palettes before it's officially released alongside the original "Careless Woman" tune and Throwing Snow's remix on May 19 via Sunday Best.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player