ill Life "Ever Decreasing Circles"
This coming Monday will see the release of a self-titled EP from London techno head ill Life, who has passed along the forthcoming efforts opening track "Ever Decreasing Circles," an exceptionally powerful bit of techno. Apparently only familiar with the concepts of "on" and "off," ill Life immediately jumps into a pounding production built around wide drums that seem to always be pushing through the water-logged micro-sample that spins around them. Fortunately, ill Life quickly hits on an idea that is worth keeping at full throttle, though he does smartly hold off on the machine-minded chord stabs until halfway through the endeavor, providing "Ever Decreasing Circles" with one extra shot of adrenaline. Canada's Infinite Machine label will deliver ill Life's self-titled EP in digital form on June 3, with a 12" release to follow in July. A streaming preview of the record can be heard after the jump.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsLes Sins Shares "Talk About" from Upcoming Debut LP
- NewsCheck Out the Video for Teengirl Fantasy's "Lung" Single
- NewsWatch the Animated Video for Lone's "Restless City"
- Real Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- Getting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
- Labels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- Labels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player