Kill Frenzy and Sacha Robotti "I Like It (B-Ju Remix)"
Dirtybird and Error Broadcast chum B-Ju (pictured above) often takes a sub-first approach to his tunes, keeping things focused on whatever is churning in the low-end before letting his tunes take flight. True to his style, this retake on Dirtybird vet Kill Frenzy's and Klasse label affiliate Sacha Robotti's "I Like It" is lightly dipped in alien reverb and kept afloat by quietly mixed synth lines that are continually swatted back down by quaking kicks and claps. B-Ju has sneakily been having a busy 2013, having seen a revival of sorts for his 2010 single "My Sneakers," and receiving more attention from selectors such as Brenmar and various outlets like BBC Radio's 1Xtra. B-Ju's remix of "I Like It" is taken from a forthcoming EP for UK label Food Music, the recently launched imprint of DJs Shadow Child and Kry Wolf. The simply titled YUM004 EP will feature two tunes by Kill Frenzy—the Sacha Robotti-featuring "I Like It" included—in addition to this flip from B-Ju, and remixes from Shadow Child and Tom Flynn.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player