Arthur Russell "Kiss Me Again (Japanese Phonetic Translation)"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
To coincide with Detroit's fast approaching Movement Festival, Ibiza party Circoloco will be making the trek from the Spanish island out to the American Midwest to help throw a party in honor of the late disco and dance-music pioneer Arthur Russell. Taking place on Movement's opening night, May 25, the party will include sets from Carl Craig, Lee Curtiss, and others, while a portion of the proceeds will go to benefit local charities Youthville Detroit and the Detroit Techno Foundation. (A promo video detailing the upcoming night's performers and location can be found here.) To help spread the word, the parties involved have passed along an unreleased Russell cut, a version of Dinosaur's 1978 single "Kiss Me Again" which was originally written and produced by Russell. Here, the pioneering musician also attempts to phonetically translate the lyrics into Japanese (yes, you read that correctly), subsequently singing them himself.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player