Arthur Russell "Kiss Me Again (Japanese Phonetic Translation)"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
To coincide with Detroit's fast approaching Movement Festival, Ibiza party Circoloco will be making the trek from the Spanish island out to the American Midwest to help throw a party in honor of the late disco and dance-music pioneer Arthur Russell. Taking place on Movement's opening night, May 25, the party will include sets from Carl Craig, Lee Curtiss, and others, while a portion of the proceeds will go to benefit local charities Youthville Detroit and the Detroit Techno Foundation. (A promo video detailing the upcoming night's performers and location can be found here.) To help spread the word, the parties involved have passed along an unreleased Russell cut, a version of Dinosaur's 1978 single "Kiss Me Again" which was originally written and produced by Russell. Here, the pioneering musician also attempts to phonetically translate the lyrics into Japanese (yes, you read that correctly), subsequently singing them himself.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player