Arthur Russell "Kiss Me Again (Japanese Phonetic Translation)"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
To coincide with Detroit's fast approaching Movement Festival, Ibiza party Circoloco will be making the trek from the Spanish island out to the American Midwest to help throw a party in honor of the late disco and dance-music pioneer Arthur Russell. Taking place on Movement's opening night, May 25, the party will include sets from Carl Craig, Lee Curtiss, and others, while a portion of the proceeds will go to benefit local charities Youthville Detroit and the Detroit Techno Foundation. (A promo video detailing the upcoming night's performers and location can be found here.) To help spread the word, the parties involved have passed along an unreleased Russell cut, a version of Dinosaur's 1978 single "Kiss Me Again" which was originally written and produced by Russell. Here, the pioneering musician also attempts to phonetically translate the lyrics into Japanese (yes, you read that correctly), subsequently singing them himself.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- NewsSBTRKT Announces 'Transitions' 12" Series; Stream All Six Tracks Now
- NewsRegis and Silent Servant Ready New EP as Sandra Electronics
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player