Arthur Russell "Kiss Me Again (Japanese Phonetic Translation)"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
To coincide with Detroit's fast approaching Movement Festival, Ibiza party Circoloco will be making the trek from the Spanish island out to the American Midwest to help throw a party in honor of the late disco and dance-music pioneer Arthur Russell. Taking place on Movement's opening night, May 25, the party will include sets from Carl Craig, Lee Curtiss, and others, while a portion of the proceeds will go to benefit local charities Youthville Detroit and the Detroit Techno Foundation. (A promo video detailing the upcoming night's performers and location can be found here.) To help spread the word, the parties involved have passed along an unreleased Russell cut, a version of Dinosaur's 1978 single "Kiss Me Again" which was originally written and produced by Russell. Here, the pioneering musician also attempts to phonetically translate the lyrics into Japanese (yes, you read that correctly), subsequently singing them himself.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player