Urulu "Lonely Weekend"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
LA-based DJ/producer Urulu has had an impressively busy 2013 so far, with the latest fruits of his labor appearing in the form of a collaborative EP alongside London duo Chaos in the CBD for the Needwant imprint. Perhaps because the man just can't help but keep churning out new tunes, Urulu has offered up "Lonely Weekend," a "re-interpretation" of the "Twenty Eight" from R&B crooner The Weeknd. Urulu thankfully strips away much of the overwrought emotion of the original track, laying down a deliciously deep and inviting production on top of which filtered snippets of "Twenty Eight" can be heard bathed in reverb and delay.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player