Urulu "Lonely Weekend"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
LA-based DJ/producer Urulu has had an impressively busy 2013 so far, with the latest fruits of his labor appearing in the form of a collaborative EP alongside London duo Chaos in the CBD for the Needwant imprint. Perhaps because the man just can't help but keep churning out new tunes, Urulu has offered up "Lonely Weekend," a "re-interpretation" of the "Twenty Eight" from R&B crooner The Weeknd. Urulu thankfully strips away much of the overwrought emotion of the original track, laying down a deliciously deep and inviting production on top of which filtered snippets of "Twenty Eight" can be heard bathed in reverb and delay.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player