Urulu "Lonely Weekend"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
LA-based DJ/producer Urulu has had an impressively busy 2013 so far, with the latest fruits of his labor appearing in the form of a collaborative EP alongside London duo Chaos in the CBD for the Needwant imprint. Perhaps because the man just can't help but keep churning out new tunes, Urulu has offered up "Lonely Weekend," a "re-interpretation" of the "Twenty Eight" from R&B crooner The Weeknd. Urulu thankfully strips away much of the overwrought emotion of the original track, laying down a deliciously deep and inviting production on top of which filtered snippets of "Twenty Eight" can be heard bathed in reverb and delay.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player