The last time we heard from Myrryrs, the budding producer was flexing his muscle over neon, hip-hop-laced cuts, but on his new EP for the Body High label, the man has turned his focus to more uptempo affairs. "Memphis" is one such effort—a forceful, thumping club tune that spends little time doing anything but roll out efficient rhythms clearly aimed at the dancefloor. Though our records show the city of Nashville as his home base, Myrryrs—more specifically, the bluntly chopped vocal snippets he implements throughout this tune—makes it clear the he is also one to "rep" Memphis as well. The producer's new Southside Horror EP, from which "Memphis" comes, is out now; a streaming preview of the record can be heard after the jump.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player