Weval "The Most (David Douglas Remix)"
- Words: Tim Gentles
On the back of Dutch production duo Weval's (pictured above) debut release—the grainy, keyboard-led Half Age EP which dropped in March via Applescal's Atomnation imprint—we're offering up a dancefloor-oriented remix of EP track "The Most" from labelmate David Douglas. The slow-burning, jazz-leaning original track is transformed on Douglas rework into a streamlined, bass-driven house cut which moves with just a touch of slow-motion but benefits from plenty of build-and-release tension.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player