Paddy Fred "Pilgrims"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Hailing from New Zealand, Paddy Fred is a new producer who has clearly soaked up the sounds of West Coast beatmaking over the years. "Pilgrims" is the kind of jazzy, smoke-laden instrumental capable of instantly triggering head nodding, moving in a variety of clever musical directions while never losing sight of the gently turning bassline or infectious backbeat. The tune offered here serves an impressive preview of what to expect from Fred's forthcoming Laminate EP, which—as far as we can tell—will serve as the New Zealand beatsmiths debut release when it drops on May 10.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player