Lewis James "Powerchild (EAN Remix)"
London-based producer EAN makes tough, skittering tunes with just the right amount of punch and a mess of hyperactive synthwork. Indebted to the warm snarl of Rustie and Chicago footwork in equal measure, his take on Lewis James' "Powerchild" packs as much wallop as it does surprise; EAN simply does not sit still on this one. Beginning with a pastoral synthline, EAN gradually warps the tune from the inside out with speedy turns on the hi-hat and playfully pitch-shifted speech that bounces off a distant vocal—there's even a wailing guitar surgically spliced in midway through. At just over four minutes, the rework manages to spread itself over a lot of territory, including an eye-opening finish too good to give away. EAN's remix is included on Lewis James' recently released Krakatoa EP.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player