AKRA x Flilppo Rocco "PVC"
- Words: Brad Stabler
Teng is yet another fledgling imprint currently lounging in a bit of obscurity, biding its time while it builds up a sizeable amount of cred, pushing the tunes it has to offer as hard as it can. The approach has worked before and with right combination of quality work and luck, eventually, something has to make its way to the forefront. From the sound of it, the label's mostly likely candidate to succeed is London-based analog maestro and rising star for Teng AKRA, whose been making exceptionally punchy, yet crystal-clear house tracks that don't hold still on a hook for too long. The one-off effort, "PVC," done in collaboration with Cardiff producer Filippo Rocco, runs onward for seven minutes, constantly trading rising keyboards riffs and Carpenter-referencing synth counterpoints while keeping the thick low-end persistently funky the whole way through. AKRA's next EP, Tunnelvision is due June 10 via Teng.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsStream a Track from Locked Groove's Upcoming EP
- GearArtist Tips: Addison Groove Shares Five of His Production Secrets
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player