Owen Howells "Riding"
Rising UK house producer Owen Howells has a history of writing slow-burning tunes, most notably the standout cut "The Door," which was featured at the top of this year as part of Danza Macabra's VA series. A signature of Howells' productions is the patient simmer with which they get going, and "Riding" surely fits that mold. The tune is virtually devoid of melody, favoring an accelerating, tribal rhythm that holds steady over the course of the song's seven-plus minutes, gradually increasing in intensity through sheer repetition which slowly overloads the senses. Howells' Common People EP—the forthcoming release from which "Riding" comes to us—is slated to drop on May 27 via Celestial.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player