Jamie Grind "Something You Should Know"
- Words: Brad Stabler
Britain-born producer Jamie Grind has been churning out inventive, occasionally addictive tracks for a while now, finding a sweet spot that comes R&B-laced but also utilizes unusual arrangement choices and BPMs that can wander all over the map. Moreover, Grind's also been known to release an EP or two for free. Case in point: earlier today the producer gave away the brief, three-track Short Stories About People EP, from which we pulled "Something You Should Know." Kicking off with a half-step toy-box beat, Grind turns the effort's drums up to a strut, swapping vocal samples in and out while moving the piece through multiple phases which range from playful to serious; this one is packed full of surprises. The full Short Stories About People EP is available to download for free here.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player