Jamie Grind "Something You Should Know"
- Words: Brad Stabler
Britain-born producer Jamie Grind has been churning out inventive, occasionally addictive tracks for a while now, finding a sweet spot that comes R&B-laced but also utilizes unusual arrangement choices and BPMs that can wander all over the map. Moreover, Grind's also been known to release an EP or two for free. Case in point: earlier today the producer gave away the brief, three-track Short Stories About People EP, from which we pulled "Something You Should Know." Kicking off with a half-step toy-box beat, Grind turns the effort's drums up to a strut, swapping vocal samples in and out while moving the piece through multiple phases which range from playful to serious; this one is packed full of surprises. The full Short Stories About People EP is available to download for free here.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player