Jamie Grind "Something You Should Know"
- Words: Brad Stabler
Britain-born producer Jamie Grind has been churning out inventive, occasionally addictive tracks for a while now, finding a sweet spot that comes R&B-laced but also utilizes unusual arrangement choices and BPMs that can wander all over the map. Moreover, Grind's also been known to release an EP or two for free. Case in point: earlier today the producer gave away the brief, three-track Short Stories About People EP, from which we pulled "Something You Should Know." Kicking off with a half-step toy-box beat, Grind turns the effort's drums up to a strut, swapping vocal samples in and out while moving the piece through multiple phases which range from playful to serious; this one is packed full of surprises. The full Short Stories About People EP is available to download for free here.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player