Airbird & Napolian "Special"
Yesterday, the Cascine imprint dropped the debut single (artwork above) from newly formed production pair Airbird & Napolian (a.k.a. Joel Ford of Ford & Lopatin and LA producer Ian Evans). The digital single's a-side, "In the Zone," is a breezy slice of synth-obsessed beatwork, but b-side "Special" is a much more energetic affair, one which channels French-style filter house and '80s synth-pop into a modern, slightly shuffling package. The result is somewhat reminiscent of Chaz Bundick's work as Les Sins but with an extra dose of retro gloss added on top. Airbird & Napolian's "In the Zone" single precedes the pair's forthcoming debut full-length, which is set to drop this winter via Cascine.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player