Airbird & Napolian "Special"
Yesterday, the Cascine imprint dropped the debut single (artwork above) from newly formed production pair Airbird & Napolian (a.k.a. Joel Ford of Ford & Lopatin and LA producer Ian Evans). The digital single's a-side, "In the Zone," is a breezy slice of synth-obsessed beatwork, but b-side "Special" is a much more energetic affair, one which channels French-style filter house and '80s synth-pop into a modern, slightly shuffling package. The result is somewhat reminiscent of Chaz Bundick's work as Les Sins but with an extra dose of retro gloss added on top. Airbird & Napolian's "In the Zone" single precedes the pair's forthcoming debut full-length, which is set to drop this winter via Cascine.
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- PodcastFrankie Knuckles
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Robert Hood, Tycho, Jacques Greene, and More
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player