Zouk Bass is one of the latest global sounds to attract attention online after Portuguese group Buraka Som Sistema's recent Boiler Room session featured the style—a fusion of French Antillean zouk music and UK bass sounds. In light of this recent attention, purveyors of global-minded club music Generation Bass are releasing the Deep in Zouk Bass EP, which pairs together two London-based Portuguese/Angolan expats in Deejay Kuimba and 2Pekes. The latter producer's "Txillo" is a skeletal affair, dominated by a thin, infectious synth line and driven by its slow kick drum and intricate, double-time percussion.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player