DFRNT "The Way You Look at Me"
DFRNT is a busy guy, heading up the Cut and Echodub labels while simultaneously dropping releases of his own when he can find the time. Until recently, DFRNT's work has been marked by a strong dubstep influence, but as "The Way You Look at Me"—a cut from the man's new Nobody Stop Me EP—seems to signal, it is a sound DFRNT is moving on from. "The Way You Look at Me" starts off with a stark, reverb-laden piano lead, which dreamlessly rolls amongst a few chords before a stripped house beat starts to whirr and hum underneath—picking up a few synth pings and orphaned vocal samples as the tune plods along. DFRNT's Nobody Stop Me EP, for which the tune offered here serves as its closing cut, is out today on FINA; a preview of the EP can be heard after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player