DFRNT "The Way You Look at Me"
DFRNT is a busy guy, heading up the Cut and Echodub labels while simultaneously dropping releases of his own when he can find the time. Until recently, DFRNT's work has been marked by a strong dubstep influence, but as "The Way You Look at Me"—a cut from the man's new Nobody Stop Me EP—seems to signal, it is a sound DFRNT is moving on from. "The Way You Look at Me" starts off with a stark, reverb-laden piano lead, which dreamlessly rolls amongst a few chords before a stripped house beat starts to whirr and hum underneath—picking up a few synth pings and orphaned vocal samples as the tune plods along. DFRNT's Nobody Stop Me EP, for which the tune offered here serves as its closing cut, is out today on FINA; a preview of the EP can be heard after the jump.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player