Benton "We're Both Lost"
Earlier this week, the Wheel & Deal imprint—helmed by longtime Rinse FM jock N-Type—released the debut long-player from London producer Benton. Entitled Reflections, the album is said to position Benton as an artist keen on exploring "dubstep in its purest form, back to the roots." Album cut "We're Both Lost" reinforces that statement, with its methodical dub-wise rhyhtms filled not by bombastic sonics or deeper-than-deep sub-bass, but instead by longing harp melodies and lush string chords. The result is a reserved, yet still very immersive, twist on the building blocks of classic dubstep.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player