Closer "What Have You Done To Us (Dub)"
Described as little other than a "production partnership," the mysterious Closer outfit are set to follow up its self-titled debut release with a new EP dropping on May 20 via the CLSR label—an imprint which has so far only issued music from Closer itself. With the utilitarian title of EP2, the release features four tracks of tightly produced deep house. Pulled from that forthcoming record is "What Have You Done To Us (Dub)," a tune which strips away the optimistic vocals showcased in the track's non-dub version, bringing the effort into purer club territory with its hard-hitting organ line and celestial string arrangement.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player