Aufgang "Kyrie (Phonosheet Remix)"
- Words: Leo Maymind
French trio Aufgang seems to have a knack for combining synthetic and classical sounds, as likely to use a grand piano on stage as an analog synthesizer. However, this remix of "Kyrie," by fellow countryman Phonosheet, pushes Aufgang's track off the cliff into acid territory. Synth arpeggios are filtered into squelches, and cascading, wordless vocal clips are fitted over a clean, hypnotic drum pattern recalling techno's roots. The balance of energy and prowess offered here was enough to land Phonosheet's production the winning slot of Aufgang's recent remix contest, though maybe it would be best experienced as part of a proper DJ set rather than a standalone tune.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player