Aufgang "Kyrie (Phonosheet Remix)"
- Words: Leo Maymind
French trio Aufgang seems to have a knack for combining synthetic and classical sounds, as likely to use a grand piano on stage as an analog synthesizer. However, this remix of "Kyrie," by fellow countryman Phonosheet, pushes Aufgang's track off the cliff into acid territory. Synth arpeggios are filtered into squelches, and cascading, wordless vocal clips are fitted over a clean, hypnotic drum pattern recalling techno's roots. The balance of energy and prowess offered here was enough to land Phonosheet's production the winning slot of Aufgang's recent remix contest, though maybe it would be best experienced as part of a proper DJ set rather than a standalone tune.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player