Aufgang "Kyrie (Phonosheet Remix)"
- Words: Leo Maymind
French trio Aufgang seems to have a knack for combining synthetic and classical sounds, as likely to use a grand piano on stage as an analog synthesizer. However, this remix of "Kyrie," by fellow countryman Phonosheet, pushes Aufgang's track off the cliff into acid territory. Synth arpeggios are filtered into squelches, and cascading, wordless vocal clips are fitted over a clean, hypnotic drum pattern recalling techno's roots. The balance of energy and prowess offered here was enough to land Phonosheet's production the winning slot of Aufgang's recent remix contest, though maybe it would be best experienced as part of a proper DJ set rather than a standalone tune.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player