Aufgang "Kyrie (Phonosheet Remix)"
- Words: Leo Maymind
French trio Aufgang seems to have a knack for combining synthetic and classical sounds, as likely to use a grand piano on stage as an analog synthesizer. However, this remix of "Kyrie," by fellow countryman Phonosheet, pushes Aufgang's track off the cliff into acid territory. Synth arpeggios are filtered into squelches, and cascading, wordless vocal clips are fitted over a clean, hypnotic drum pattern recalling techno's roots. The balance of energy and prowess offered here was enough to land Phonosheet's production the winning slot of Aufgang's recent remix contest, though maybe it would be best experienced as part of a proper DJ set rather than a standalone tune.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player