Kid A "BB Bleu (Dolor Remix)"
Several versions of "BB Bleu" have been floating around for a few years, but this month, a remastered take will finally see an official release. Virginia native Kid A (a.k.a. Ann Alexander Thweat) reworked the track with Airflex Labs label boss Opti (a.k.a. Pierre Serafini) and French producer Agoria, and then handed it over to artists like Daedelus and Eliphino to be remixed. Although the end results won't drop via French outpost Technicolour until June 11, the label has offered up a remix of "BB Bleu" by Dolor as a taste of what's to come. Dolor's version is more intensely atmospheric and dramatic than the single itself; he transforms the slow house rhythm into a surging broken beat and stretches the vocals into wispy layers of sound that are tucked into moments of silence.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player