After dropping a few enticing digital releases, the JASS imprint—helmed by budding East Coast producer Time Wharp—has been quiet for some time, but that will soon change when it drops its first 12" later this month. Responsible for the forthcoming vinyl outing is Gossamer, an LA-based producer who delivers a stripped-back piece of lumpy house—complete with a metallic melody that sounds inspired by the internal rattle of a live pinball machine—on "Chaino." The upcoming record's a-side fortifies its bouncing lead with an unstoppable assemblage of dense drums and continues pushing forward by piling on extra claps, hi-hats, and toms. Gossamer's "Chaino" b/w "Ab-Mass" 12" hits stores on June 18, with a digital release to follow on July 2. A preview for the rest of the forthcoming effort—including a dub from the JASS label boss himself—can be heard after the jump.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player