Wasting no time, Manchester native Acre immediately invites the listener into his sculpted world of synthetic, glitched-out atmospherics within the opening seconds of "Gantz." Taken from his recently released Forgotten EP for Lost Codes, the track consists largely of distinctly classic drum-machine sounds which are given new life thanks to the ever-changing industrial sounds—scattered bits of white noise, detuned hi-hats, and rapidly pitch-shifting kicks, among others—surrounding them. Despite these quick maneuvers, however, Acre's production gradually develops into a cohesively experimental tune, more of which can be heard in the preview of Forgotten found after the jump.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player