Wasting no time, Manchester native Acre immediately invites the listener into his sculpted world of synthetic, glitched-out atmospherics within the opening seconds of "Gantz." Taken from his recently released Forgotten EP for Lost Codes, the track consists largely of distinctly classic drum-machine sounds which are given new life thanks to the ever-changing industrial sounds—scattered bits of white noise, detuned hi-hats, and rapidly pitch-shifting kicks, among others—surrounding them. Despite these quick maneuvers, however, Acre's production gradually develops into a cohesively experimental tune, more of which can be heard in the preview of Forgotten found after the jump.
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player