Wasting no time, Manchester native Acre immediately invites the listener into his sculpted world of synthetic, glitched-out atmospherics within the opening seconds of "Gantz." Taken from his recently released Forgotten EP for Lost Codes, the track consists largely of distinctly classic drum-machine sounds which are given new life thanks to the ever-changing industrial sounds—scattered bits of white noise, detuned hi-hats, and rapidly pitch-shifting kicks, among others—surrounding them. Despite these quick maneuvers, however, Acre's production gradually develops into a cohesively experimental tune, more of which can be heard in the preview of Forgotten found after the jump.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
XLR8R Downloads Player