- Words: Jesse Sussman
Big hip-hop drums and bleepy, chip-tune synths coat the bleak world created by SoCal native Egadz (a.k.a. Erik Nava) on "Ghost," a track pulled from his forthcoming Satellites LP. The production sees Nava aggressively (and carefully) filling in the entire frequency spectrum with a load of glitched-out synthetic elements, and just after the drums temporarily drop out at the one-minute mark, a potent, apocalyptic synth immediately shifts the track from a merely ominous vibe to an outrightly menacing one. Egadz gradually transforms his tune into an anthem which explores the possibilities a producer can uncover with little more than his imagination and a computer.
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsStream "Fifty Fathoms" from Marquis Hawkes' Upcoming EP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player