Ghosting Season "Apophenia (Face & Heel Edit)"
Mancunian duo Ghosting Season (pictured above) recently released its Apophenia via the nascent FIELDS label. Apophenia, a condition where one sees patterns in randomness, seems like it could be a blessing and a curse, and is an apt title for the delicate balancing of lightness and darkness which Ghosting Season's new title track holds. Featured here, Cardiff duo Face & Heel's edit of "Apophenia" plays up that balance, matching ghostly piano figures with deep kicks, shimmering background echoes, and haunting vocals and rimshots. When a barely there vocoder makes it appearance near the end of the production, it leaves us with a curious feeling, as if we weren't entirely certain what it was that we just heard.
- NewsSteffi and Martyn Announce Collaborative EP as Doms & Deykers
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player