Ghosting Season "Apophenia (Face & Heel Edit)"
Mancunian duo Ghosting Season (pictured above) recently released its Apophenia via the nascent FIELDS label. Apophenia, a condition where one sees patterns in randomness, seems like it could be a blessing and a curse, and is an apt title for the delicate balancing of lightness and darkness which Ghosting Season's new title track holds. Featured here, Cardiff duo Face & Heel's edit of "Apophenia" plays up that balance, matching ghostly piano figures with deep kicks, shimmering background echoes, and haunting vocals and rimshots. When a barely there vocoder makes it appearance near the end of the production, it leaves us with a curious feeling, as if we weren't entirely certain what it was that we just heard.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player