Hourglass Sea "Girl Band"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Taking much of his inspiration from the neon-flecked, ADD electronics of producers like Rustie, Hudson Mohawke, and the like, Hourglass Sea has put together a full-length record which he will release for free via Bandcamp in the coming days. Lifted from that offering, "Girl Band" comes to life towards the end of the budding producer's Live from the Crematorium LP (artwork above), its hip-hop-indebted bounce intensified by an incalculable amount of hi-hats, some resonating MIDI horns, and an array of glittery synth melodies. Like much of Hourglass Sea's music, it's a track that walks a tightrope between frantic beatwork and cheese-ball antics (i.e. those guitar riffs), but the UK producer seems to maintain a balance so far. Before the Live from the Crematorium LP drops, the entire record is available to stream after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsStream a Track from Locked Groove's Upcoming EP
- GearArtist Tips: Addison Groove Shares Five of His Production Secrets
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player