Quell "Groove's Glory"
From the opening of drum breaks and four-on-the-floor kick patterns which launch Quell's "Groove's Glory," it's pretty clear we are in for some old-school-flavored house. The Berlin-based artist has been building up his production chops for years now, but it wasn't until this month that the man finally released his first full-length effort, an LP chocked full of jacking beats, piano chords, organ stabs, and diva vocal chops. Them Crowd Kids cut "Groove's Glory" is a fine example of what Quell's debut album has to offer, with its syncopated bass and organ runs, rolling house beats, and tasteful assemblages of wordless vocal flashes. The vinyl version of the Them Crowd Kids LP is out now via Ibadan, with a full digital release set for June 18.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
XLR8R Downloads Player