LA resident Glen Boothe (a.k.a. Knx., Knxwledge) has been one the most quietly prolific producers to carry the torch for a new wave of West Coast beatsmiths—his Bandcamp currently features a grab bag of EPs, LPs, and random collections totaling about 50 releases. With his non-stop output, it's been understandably hard for some to keep up with everything Knx. has put his name to over the years, but fortunately Leaving and Stones Throw have put together Anthology, a forthcoming collection which gathers "the essential instrumentals... from the forty-some-odd Knx. Bandcamp releases [between] 2009 - 2013." "Hai[$100Nytemayrs]" is one of the 53 tracks set to be featured on Anthology, a stoney, lopsided beat that is as simple as it is easy to become wrapped up in. Boothe's 53-track retrospective of sorts will be available as a digital download and a limited double-cassette on June 11.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
XLR8R Downloads Player