Navid Izadi "Hard to Find (Instrumental)"
Iranian-born producer Navid Izadi's music comes imbued with nostalgia right from the start, recalling more than a few lost mid-'80s boogie records that have been reformed through busted 808s. The greatest strength of "Hard to Find" is the warm Rhodes chords that propel the throwback funk forward, sounds which are especially luminous once the San Francisco artist brings vocal pops and lazer-guided synth swells into the fold. It's refreshing to hear a sound that doesn't seem to have many contemporaries outside of Stones Throw mainstay Dâm-Funk, and there's more of that unfilted and infectious soul to hear on Izadi's recently released, five-track Feelin' Purple record for Wolf + Lamb.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player