Comfort Fit "Hatphones"
The initial haze of warm synths and textured percussion found during the opening seconds of "Hatphones" represent a bold choice by Comfort Fit, the production moniker of Berlin artist Boris Mezga. Immediately teasing the listener with some off-kilter synth stabs, Mezga's experimental, drum-heavy groove is actually carried by a scatter of warped samples—including ominous door creaks, hisses of wind, and pitch-shifted voices in the distance. This array of unexpected sounds is effortlessly harnessed by Comfort Fit, as he fully incorporates those elements with the surprises offered by his own synths and beatwork. "Hatphones" will appear on Mezga's forthcoming Worlds Fall Apart LP when its drops on July 15 via First Word.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player