Comfort Fit "Hatphones"
The initial haze of warm synths and textured percussion found during the opening seconds of "Hatphones" represent a bold choice by Comfort Fit, the production moniker of Berlin artist Boris Mezga. Immediately teasing the listener with some off-kilter synth stabs, Mezga's experimental, drum-heavy groove is actually carried by a scatter of warped samples—including ominous door creaks, hisses of wind, and pitch-shifted voices in the distance. This array of unexpected sounds is effortlessly harnessed by Comfort Fit, as he fully incorporates those elements with the surprises offered by his own synths and beatwork. "Hatphones" will appear on Mezga's forthcoming Worlds Fall Apart LP when its drops on July 15 via First Word.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player