Janis "Movin' Up"
Curating collective House is OK formed out of the minds of producers Homeboy, Janis, and Oliver Achatz, who have been cobbling one-off tunes for their diverse house compilation series We Make Music. Featured here, Janis' "Movin' Up" is taken from the third installment, and is a long step sideways from the normally cavernous, bleary-eyed house tracks from past releases—trading the deep, unlit spaces for neon-soaked, strutting funk. The production is a very textured and engrossing listen, burning synth wobbles and a mercilessly groovy bassline at a steady rate while a buried vocal chant see-saws from speaker to speaker. We Make Music Vol. 3 is out on June 24, and can be previewed before then, after the jump.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player