Janis "Movin' Up"
Curating collective House is OK formed out of the minds of producers Homeboy, Janis, and Oliver Achatz, who have been cobbling one-off tunes for their diverse house compilation series We Make Music. Featured here, Janis' "Movin' Up" is taken from the third installment, and is a long step sideways from the normally cavernous, bleary-eyed house tracks from past releases—trading the deep, unlit spaces for neon-soaked, strutting funk. The production is a very textured and engrossing listen, burning synth wobbles and a mercilessly groovy bassline at a steady rate while a buried vocal chant see-saws from speaker to speaker. We Make Music Vol. 3 is out on June 24, and can be previewed before then, after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player