Munk "Nigerian Jam"
"Real instruments and analogue sounds need to come back into dance music," exclaims notoriously funky German producer Munk (a.k.a. Mathias Modica) in the press release for his upcoming EP. In preparation for Dirty Glam Jams' release via Gomma on July 5, Modica has shared the second track from his five-track effort; "Nigerian Jam" pays homage to its namesake, a groove built around sun-drenched, Afro-funk-inspired rhythms that rises from its humble opening after a tumultuous horn blast makes an unexpected appearance. Munk's vintage sounds stay true to his aforementioned goal, as the producer blends a wide array of traditional funk instruments with a steady, unfolding house groove.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player