Munk "Nigerian Jam"
"Real instruments and analogue sounds need to come back into dance music," exclaims notoriously funky German producer Munk (a.k.a. Mathias Modica) in the press release for his upcoming EP. In preparation for Dirty Glam Jams' release via Gomma on July 5, Modica has shared the second track from his five-track effort; "Nigerian Jam" pays homage to its namesake, a groove built around sun-drenched, Afro-funk-inspired rhythms that rises from its humble opening after a tumultuous horn blast makes an unexpected appearance. Munk's vintage sounds stay true to his aforementioned goal, as the producer blends a wide array of traditional funk instruments with a steady, unfolding house groove.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Comp
- NewsWatch a Tripped-Out Video from Thug Entrancer
- NewsCheck Out Anthony Parasole's All-Jeff Mills Mix for Beats in Space
- NewsStream Another New Track from Four Tet's Upcoming Percussions 12"s
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player