Munk "Nigerian Jam"
"Real instruments and analogue sounds need to come back into dance music," exclaims notoriously funky German producer Munk (a.k.a. Mathias Modica) in the press release for his upcoming EP. In preparation for Dirty Glam Jams' release via Gomma on July 5, Modica has shared the second track from his five-track effort; "Nigerian Jam" pays homage to its namesake, a groove built around sun-drenched, Afro-funk-inspired rhythms that rises from its humble opening after a tumultuous horn blast makes an unexpected appearance. Munk's vintage sounds stay true to his aforementioned goal, as the producer blends a wide array of traditional funk instruments with a steady, unfolding house groove.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player