Munk "Nigerian Jam"
"Real instruments and analogue sounds need to come back into dance music," exclaims notoriously funky German producer Munk (a.k.a. Mathias Modica) in the press release for his upcoming EP. In preparation for Dirty Glam Jams' release via Gomma on July 5, Modica has shared the second track from his five-track effort; "Nigerian Jam" pays homage to its namesake, a groove built around sun-drenched, Afro-funk-inspired rhythms that rises from its humble opening after a tumultuous horn blast makes an unexpected appearance. Munk's vintage sounds stay true to his aforementioned goal, as the producer blends a wide array of traditional funk instruments with a steady, unfolding house groove.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player