Look Like "Radio Lova"
- Words: Jesse Sussman
From his recently released, self-titled record, Swiss producer Look Like has shared a solid, instrumental groove that frequently forays into synthlines which reveal a taste for '80s-era pop sounds. The tune can also be heard as an homage to the radios which pushed that kind of bygone music, as the aptly titled "Radio Lova" is scattered with static hiss and what can be interpreted as interference from neighboring stations. While those FX could have easily been implemented just for novelty's sake, they work well here, and blend with the track's uplifting foundation to form a tune that will certainly induce plenty of nostalgia for those who remember when radio was a bigger influence on the music world.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player