Look Like "Radio Lova"
- Words: Jesse Sussman
From his recently released, self-titled record, Swiss producer Look Like has shared a solid, instrumental groove that frequently forays into synthlines which reveal a taste for '80s-era pop sounds. The tune can also be heard as an homage to the radios which pushed that kind of bygone music, as the aptly titled "Radio Lova" is scattered with static hiss and what can be interpreted as interference from neighboring stations. While those FX could have easily been implemented just for novelty's sake, they work well here, and blend with the track's uplifting foundation to form a tune that will certainly induce plenty of nostalgia for those who remember when radio was a bigger influence on the music world.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player