Look Like "Radio Lova"
- Words: Jesse Sussman
From his recently released, self-titled record, Swiss producer Look Like has shared a solid, instrumental groove that frequently forays into synthlines which reveal a taste for '80s-era pop sounds. The tune can also be heard as an homage to the radios which pushed that kind of bygone music, as the aptly titled "Radio Lova" is scattered with static hiss and what can be interpreted as interference from neighboring stations. While those FX could have easily been implemented just for novelty's sake, they work well here, and blend with the track's uplifting foundation to form a tune that will certainly induce plenty of nostalgia for those who remember when radio was a bigger influence on the music world.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player