Ovidio "Reflexiones (Harlum Muziq Remix)"
On his remix of "Reflexiones" by fellow San Francisco resident Ovidio (pictured above), Harlum Muziq (which is actually the chosen handle of a Bay Area producer, not a former member of the Ruff Ryders crew) seems to have only one objective: maintain the groove. Fortunately, the remixer manages to do exactly that across the entire seven minutes of his rework by adding subtle rhythmic flares around the track's constantly percolating beat, as well as gradually working a lush string turnaround in and out of the proceedings. The similarly groove-focused original version of Ovidio's "Reflexiones" is out now as part of his new EP of the same title for SF's Moulton label.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player