Ovidio "Reflexiones (Harlum Muziq Remix)"
On his remix of "Reflexiones" by fellow San Francisco resident Ovidio (pictured above), Harlum Muziq (which is actually the chosen handle of a Bay Area producer, not a former member of the Ruff Ryders crew) seems to have only one objective: maintain the groove. Fortunately, the remixer manages to do exactly that across the entire seven minutes of his rework by adding subtle rhythmic flares around the track's constantly percolating beat, as well as gradually working a lush string turnaround in and out of the proceedings. The similarly groove-focused original version of Ovidio's "Reflexiones" is out now as part of his new EP of the same title for SF's Moulton label.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player