Ovidio "Reflexiones (Harlum Muziq Remix)"
On his remix of "Reflexiones" by fellow San Francisco resident Ovidio (pictured above), Harlum Muziq (which is actually the chosen handle of a Bay Area producer, not a former member of the Ruff Ryders crew) seems to have only one objective: maintain the groove. Fortunately, the remixer manages to do exactly that across the entire seven minutes of his rework by adding subtle rhythmic flares around the track's constantly percolating beat, as well as gradually working a lush string turnaround in and out of the proceedings. The similarly groove-focused original version of Ovidio's "Reflexiones" is out now as part of his new EP of the same title for SF's Moulton label.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player