Saux "Show You The Light"
- Words: Jesse Sussman
Bobby Caldwell's voice has been sampled quite a bit over the years—specifically, his track "Open Your Eyes" was given new life after Common implemented a piece of the recording for his Grammy-nominated "The Light." Following the release of his latest acclaimed EP, young Dutch producer Saux (a.k.a. Jurian van deer Hoeven) has sampled the same tune for "Show You the Light," albeit quite differently. In addition to layering Caldwell's vocals to create multiple pitched-shifted harmonies, Saux adds a heap of warm ambience, classic Rhodes piano, and slightly unconventional rhythms which work well with the distinct vocals. With "Show You the Light," van deer Hoeven has effectively proven the staying power of Caldwell's voice while simultaneously showing off his own tasteful production chops.
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- PodcastFrankie Knuckles
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Robert Hood, Tycho, Jacques Greene, and More
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player