Scarper "Surfing the Cosmic Belt"
With the release of his next EP just a few weeks away, Plexus label head Scarper is giving away the opening track from his forthcoming record. "Surfing the Cosmic Belt" sees the British producer balancing warm textures and thick pads in a style initially similar to vintage Boards of Canada. However, after that style becomes established, Scarper changes gears and makes a playful run for the dancefloor in the vein of 808 State's lush productions (not to mention another contemporary student of that sound, Lone). The lighthearted groove and plethora of crafty effects throughout "Surfing the Cosmic Belt" makes for an excellent introduction to Scarper's Unfurl EP, which can be previewed after the jump before it drops on June 24 via Plexus.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player