Scarper "Surfing the Cosmic Belt"
With the release of his next EP just a few weeks away, Plexus label head Scarper is giving away the opening track from his forthcoming record. "Surfing the Cosmic Belt" sees the British producer balancing warm textures and thick pads in a style initially similar to vintage Boards of Canada. However, after that style becomes established, Scarper changes gears and makes a playful run for the dancefloor in the vein of 808 State's lush productions (not to mention another contemporary student of that sound, Lone). The lighthearted groove and plethora of crafty effects throughout "Surfing the Cosmic Belt" makes for an excellent introduction to Scarper's Unfurl EP, which can be previewed after the jump before it drops on June 24 via Plexus.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player