Metome "Water Cycle"
Japan's Metome sounds like the kind of producer who enjoys reveling in the details of his work. "Water Cycle" is full of so many miniature chops and twists that it's almost painful to imagine the hours Memtome must have spent dissecting the many bits of audio, mouse in hand. His work was not in vain, though, as "Water Cycle" is an impressive piece of micro-house which updates the sound of sample-collaging producer's like Akufen with an extra dose of bassy girth and a welcome funky touch. Metome's Phreatic Surface EP, from which "Water Cycle" comes, is out now via King Deluxe, and a lovingly animated video for EP track "Paper Moon" can be viewed after the jump.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player