Metome "Water Cycle"
Japan's Metome sounds like the kind of producer who enjoys reveling in the details of his work. "Water Cycle" is full of so many miniature chops and twists that it's almost painful to imagine the hours Memtome must have spent dissecting the many bits of audio, mouse in hand. His work was not in vain, though, as "Water Cycle" is an impressive piece of micro-house which updates the sound of sample-collaging producer's like Akufen with an extra dose of bassy girth and a welcome funky touch. Metome's Phreatic Surface EP, from which "Water Cycle" comes, is out now via King Deluxe, and a lovingly animated video for EP track "Paper Moon" can be viewed after the jump.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player