Jensen Sportag "Bellz"
It's been over two years since new original material has arrived from Jensen Sportag, but by the sound of "Bellz"—the outfit's first single from the forthcoming Stealth of Days LP (out this fall via Cascine)—the pair has only refined its craft in that time. As we heard on the group's Pure Wet EP from 2011, Nashville-based artists Austin Wilkinson and Elvis Craig have an uncanny knack for melding together decades of musical influence, and "Bellz" successfully follows suit. Jensen Sportag splices together a bevy of pop-friendly sonic flashbacks into a sleek, soul-infused package for its new single—the results of which aren't so much nostalgic as somehow just warmly familiar.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player