My East-Ford Soul "Circumduct"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
My East-Ford Soul is the chosen moniker of a currently anonymous newcomer to the London production scene. Having recently relocated from the south of the UK to the country's capital city, the fresh artist is short on information, but with tracks like "Circumduct"—the man's self-released debut single (artwork above)—in his arsenal, it may not be such a bad idea to just let the music speak for itself. During his production, My East-Ford Soul places delicate melodies atop a crisply swung, garage-indebted beat, filling the stereo field out with gushy layers of reverberant chords. No word yet on what else may be down the line for this budding talent, but, for now, "Circumduct" should give us plenty to sink our teeth into.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player