My East-Ford Soul "Circumduct"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
My East-Ford Soul is the chosen moniker of a currently anonymous newcomer to the London production scene. Having recently relocated from the south of the UK to the country's capital city, the fresh artist is short on information, but with tracks like "Circumduct"—the man's self-released debut single (artwork above)—in his arsenal, it may not be such a bad idea to just let the music speak for itself. During his production, My East-Ford Soul places delicate melodies atop a crisply swung, garage-indebted beat, filling the stereo field out with gushy layers of reverberant chords. No word yet on what else may be down the line for this budding talent, but, for now, "Circumduct" should give us plenty to sink our teeth into.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player