My East-Ford Soul "Circumduct"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
My East-Ford Soul is the chosen moniker of a currently anonymous newcomer to the London production scene. Having recently relocated from the south of the UK to the country's capital city, the fresh artist is short on information, but with tracks like "Circumduct"—the man's self-released debut single (artwork above)—in his arsenal, it may not be such a bad idea to just let the music speak for itself. During his production, My East-Ford Soul places delicate melodies atop a crisply swung, garage-indebted beat, filling the stereo field out with gushy layers of reverberant chords. No word yet on what else may be down the line for this budding talent, but, for now, "Circumduct" should give us plenty to sink our teeth into.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player